SOMA State Soccer Cup
The Special Olympics Massachusetts Fall Soccer Tournament takes place at The Governor’s Academy in Byfield, Massachusetts. The boarding school has hosted the event for the past 26 years, with students across the campus volunteering their time and effort to run this event during their school’s National Community Service Day.
When: Sunday November 9, 2014
Where: The Governor’s Academy 1 Elm St., Byfield, MA directions
- General Schedule of Events
6:30 a.m. Volunteer registration 7:30 a.m. Team delegates arrive and register (inside Frost Library)only one representative from each team is needed to register 8:00 a.m. Athlete staging begins 8:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony - Coaches meet in gymnasium during Opening Ceremony 10:00 a.m. Competition begins 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Olympic Town open 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch delivered to competition tents
Awards are to be giving out immediately following completion of each division.
Meals will be made available starting at 11:30 a.m. at your venue tent. Your team escorts are responsible for picking up your meals. If you have athletes with special dietary needs please plan accordingly and have that athlete bring his/her own meal.
- Important Reminders
- Please help us keep the registration table area free and traffic flowing by sending only one representative to register your team(s) and to pick up your coaches packets and schedule. Once you have received your packet and meet your team escorts please exit the area keep registration fast and efficient.
- Coaches meeting will take place during Opening Ceremony. One coach per team is required to attend.
- Lunches will be made available at your venue tent.
- No public restrooms in The Governor’s Academy facilities.
- Assessment Rounds
Unified Sports Soccer
Unified SportsPlayer Development Soccer
TBD TBD TBD
- Game Schedules
- Soccer Division Schedules will be available in October 2014
- Soccer Division List will be available in October 2014