Recycle for Gold
Special Olympics Vehicle Donation Program
Want to get more mileage out of your old car before buying a new one? Donate that old ride to Special Olympics Massachusetts and help support year-round training and athletic competitions for children and adults with intellectual disabilities in your community and across the state.
- Your contribution will help support year-round programming to Special Olympics athletes across Massachusetts or Connecticut.
- You’ll be eligible for a tax deduction based on the value of your car.
Donating A Car Step-By-Step
1-800-590-1600 for Massachusetts
1-855-392-2886 for Connecticut.
1) You will receive a notice from Pick-n-Pull, including the number of their retrieval company in your area.
2) Call the retrieval company to schedule a convenient pick-up. You don’t even have to be there when the car is picked up.
3) The vehicle is picked up and you are given a tax receipt for your records.
4) In some cases, you receive tax documents stating the actual gross sale price of the vehicle.
Gallery Automotive Group
Gallery Automotive Group in Norwood, MA treats the needs of each individual customer with paramount concern. We know that you have high expectations, and as a car dealer we enjoy the challenge of meeting and exceeding those standards each and every time. Allow us to demonstrate our commitment to excellence!
Donating a Car to Charity: Tax Information
Upon pick-up of the vehicle, you receive a receipt that may be used to claim your charitable deduction on that year’s taxes. If your vehicle sells for over $500, you will be notified within 30 days of the sale. In that case, you will receive appropriate tax documents in the mail containing the actual gross sale price of the vehicle.