Although the 2020 Summer Games in Boston has been canceled due to COVID-19, its spirit lives on through our amazing athletes, Unified partners, coaches and volunteers.
This year, please join us for Virtual Summer Games! Over 400 athletes, coaches, volunteers and Unified partners took part in the at-home challenges. Now we will come together virtually to celebrate their accomplishments via Facebook and YouTube on June 12th and 13th, 2020.
WATCH VIRTUAL SUMMER GAMES – JUNE 12 & 13:
Find the full Virtual Summer Games schedule at specialolympicsma.org/watchsummergames
RESULTS AND PARTICIPANTS:
- 10M Roll, Walk or Run
- 50M Roll, Walk or Run
- 100M Roll, Walk or Run
- Softball or Tennis Ball Throw
- Standing Long Jump
- Bounce Ball on Paddle or Racket
- Push Ups
- Squats to a Chair
- Vertical Jump
- Shuttle Run
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CHALLENGES
Regular physical activity is vital for good physical, social and emotional health. While there is a risk of injury with any type of physical activity, the benefits of staying active far outweigh the risks.
You can reduce your risk of exercise injury by:
- wearing the right shoes
- using the correct equipment
- drinking water and staying hydrated
- warming up and stretching properly
- being aware of your surroundings—always exercise and compete in a safe and level area clear of any obstacles or items
- maintaining social distancing rules (stay at least six feet away from others)
Stop exercising and seek medical help if you experience symptoms such as:
- discomfort or pain
- chest pain or other pain that could indicate a heart attack, including pain in the neck and jaw, pain travelling down the arm or pain between the shoulder blades
- shortness of breath
- a rapid or irregular heartbeat
REGIONAL CRUISER CONVOY
Although we won’t be able to hold a traditional cruiser convoy this year, our law enforcement partners from across the state will come together in their local communities. Find out more below!