Health and Fitness Internship
Special Olympics Massachusetts offers unpaid internship opportunities with flexible schedules and hours. Health and Fitness interns will gain hands-on experience in the areas of developing, planning, organizing, and managing of fitness and wellness programming for athletes, coaches and volunteers.
Please note all 2020 spring, and summer internships are filled at this time. Applications will only be accepted for internships starting, and beyond, the fall of 2020
- Assist with the implementation of organizational strategic initiatives such as health and wellness programming, special events and educational offerings for coaches and area programs.
- Recruit and work with Volunteer Event Management teams and health/fitness industry professionals to assist Special Olympics MA in management of events, clinics, and trainings.
- Serve as a liaison to, as well as develop and expand relationships with health and wellness professionals and sport clinicians.
All Health and Fitness interns should possess the following qualifications:
- Professional or educational experience in a field related to Special Olympics Health and Fitness programming (e.g. Physical Education, Personal Training, Nutrition).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel).
- Must have your own vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to work some weekends (approximately 3 per semester/season).
- Desire to work hard and have fun!
Interested applicants should be flexible, motivated, and able to work both independently and as a team. To apply please complete the form below including a cover letter and resume detailing your experience.