Health and Fitness Internship
Special Olympics Massachusetts offers unpaid internship opportunities with flexible schedules and hours. Health and Fitness interns will gain hands-on experience in the areas of developing, planning, organizing, and managing of fitness and wellness programming for athletes, coaches and volunteers.
- Assist with the implementation of organizational strategic initiatives such as health and wellness programming, special events and educational offerings for coaches and area programs.
- Recruit and work with Volunteer Event Management teams and health/fitness industry professionals to assist Special Olympics MA in management of events, clinics, and trainings.
- Serve as a liaison to, as well as develop and expand relationships with health and wellness professionals and sport clinicians.
All Health and Fitness interns should possess the following qualifications:
- Professional or educational experience in a field related to Special Olympics Health and Fitness programming (e.g. Physical Education, Personal Training, Nutrition).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel).
- Must have your own vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to work some weekends (approximately 3 per semester/season).
- Desire to work hard and have fun!
Interested applicants should be flexible, motivated, and able to work both independently and as a team. To apply please complete the form below including a cover letter and resume detailing your experience.