Special Events and Development
Special Olympics Massachusetts (SOMA) supports athletes throughout the state with intellectual disabilities to participate in year-round sports training and competition. The Special Events and Development department is tasked with supporting all of the state fundraising events and efforts, developing corporate partnerships, and cultivating donors.
- Develop collateral materials (T-shirt designs, flyers, marketing materials) for fundraising events such as the Jolly Jaunt, Trick-or-Trot,
- Harvest Hop, Polar Plunge, Over the Edge and Law Enforcement Torch Run events
- Post on social media on behalf of Special Olympics MA
- Manage online fundraising database (i.e. reports, e-mail contacts)
- Support the recruitment of participants and sponsors for SOMA events
- Develop mailings (through e-mails and letters)
- Event management for off-site eventsAssist with coordinating event supplies and deliveries
- Assist with event day logistics as needed
- Assist with post-event acknowledgements
- Assist with the creation of new corporate partnership, outreach programs and in-kind donations.
- Research and identify prospective sponsors in line with revenue growth goals.
- Cultivate and help to manage corporate volunteer groups at special events.
- Help with other development duties as needed.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing, professional and willing to complete public facing tasks
- Event management experience preferred
- Coursework in graphic design highly preferred
- Transportation to/from our State Office in Marlborough and additional travel as needed
- Must be willing and able to work from the Marlborough Special Olympics office
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and system/software programs utilized by SOMA (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop)
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Availability to work occasional weekend events
Apply Online – Special Events & Development Internship
We are always looking for passionate, dedicated interns to join our team of professional staff. Help spread the mission of Special Olympics Massachusetts and earn the credit you deserve!