Join Our B.A.A. 5K Team!
Special Olympics Massachusetts is the Official Fundraising Partner of the Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) 5K on Saturday, April 18, 2020. That’s right, the Saturday of Boston Marathon Weekend!
Special Olympics athletes do not just show up and receive a medal. They train throughout the season, compete in local and regional competitions and ultimately rise to the State, National and International level based on their skill and personal determination. By joining the Xtra Mile 5K team, you will be helping to provide high quality training equipment, access to the best venues for competition, and opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities to be included in sports and in life.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis and accepted individuals will be contacted beginning on Monday, January 6th.
The Xtra Mile B.A.A. 5K team will get
- Team race shirt
- Training plans
- Access to Xtra Mile VIP experiences
Once you are accepted
- Create your personal fundraising page using the DonorDrive link – provided by Special Olympics.
- Register for the B.A.A. 5K (including any registration fees) with your personal registration waiver number – provided by the B.A.A.
- Raise $500 to support Special Olympics Massachusetts!
- Train and prepare for race day! (Share your journey on Social Media using #XtraMile)