Return to Play and Covid-19 Safety Guidelines:
Special Olympics Massachusetts will be entering phase 3of returning to play on Monday, August 3rd.
- Teams are allowed to practice in groups of no larger than 25 individuals, along with other requirements that can be found in the Phase 3 Return to Play Document. (LAST UPDATED on August 10th)
- The Code of Conduct and Risk Assessment Form is a document that should be reviewed and signed by all participants at or prior to practice.
- Participants can take part in several modified activities (across multiple sports) that fit under the proper safety guidelines. Participants will be able to compete in these activities to earn points with the goal of winning prizes. These will be offered between July 6th and the end of November. The full plan can be found on the SOMA July to November Outline.
- Athletes who participate can track and submit their results for activities using this form or downloading the Activity Log Book PDF or Word Document. Coaches may also use the Participation Tracking Form.
- Learn about who is at higher risk by reviewing this fact sheet.
- Return to Play Content Sharing Instructions for uploading photos and videos
Upcoming Return to Play and Networking Calls (by county)
- Follow this registration page for upcoming Zoom calls for each Massachusetts county with Special Olympics Massachusetts President and CEO, Mary Beth McMahon. The calls are open to all, including athletes, families, coaches, volunteers, and more! The meeting will educate participants on SOMA’s return to play protocols, guidelines, and program offerings for the rest of the year, as well as provide useful time to network and find ways to work together with others in your area.
Sport Registration Forms for Cycling, Bocce and Golf for August Tournaments (tentative). Registration is due August 3rd.
- Cycling Registration Form
- Bocce Registration Form
- Golf Registration Form
- Please note, golf skills will not be offered at the August Tournament. Please contact Ops@SpecialOlympicsMA.org to set up a local skills event with a PGA pro at your home course.
Signage for Practices
- Preparing your Practice Venue
- Traveling to Practices and Onsite Screening
- Examples of Coaching Adjustments
- COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct and Risk Assessment Form
Frequently Asked Questions
- Please visit our COVID-19 FAQ page to find answers to some frequently asked questions.
Contact the Operations Department at Ops@SpecialOlympicsMA.org for any additional questions you may have.
General Resources and Guidelines:
- Refer to our team uniform guidelines to see how the logo should be implemented
- Logos for uniforms can be downloaded from this zip file.
- For more on uniform and apparel guidelines visit our branding resources page.
Brand and Media Resources
- Customizable templates for flyers, business cards, press releases and more can be found on our branding resources page.
Financial Management Guidelines
- Athlete Medical Forms – Web Browser Editable PDF Version | Word Document Version
- Class A Form (for 18 years or older) – Web Browser Editable PDF Version | Word Document Version
- Class A Form (for 17 years or younger) – Web browser editable PDF Version | Word Document Version
- Incident Report
- COVID 19 Participant Code of Conduct and Risk Assessment
- Activity Log Book PDF
- Activity Log Book Word Document
- Return To Play Tracking Form for Coaches
Special Olympics General Rules
- Special Olympics Resources
- Special Olympics Article One
- Sport Rules
- Unified Sports
- Sport Coaching Guides
- Coaching Special Olympics athletes
- Coaches playbook: Introduction to Autism and Instructional
- Special Olympics Learn
- Online education system
- Personal account is needed
- Online classes include
- S.O. Level I & II & World Games coaching,
- COVID -19
- Unified Sports
- Young athletes
- More courses to be added included, Sport courses, fitness