- This event has passed.
January 8 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Special Olympics MA will be hosting a training for all basketball coaches. Coaches will be split into two groups based on ability level of team that coach oversees. All participants will have both a classroom session and on court session. Please come prepared participate but it is not required.
Topics to be covered
agenda is still be finalized but topics may include
- Drills to progress athletes through out a season
- Practice planning
- In game management and strategies
- An Officials perspective
- Setting expectations
All registrants will receive
- Special Olympics MA branded 1/4 zip
- Tyrone Hicks – Head Coach from 7hills program, former varsity basketball at Clark University, Current assistant coach at Clark University, member of SOMA Coach Council
- Members of the Clark University varsity basketball team will be joining the training as well
- Stephen Basden – Head Coach Lynn program, former varsity basketball player at Endicott College, assistant coach Lynn Classical, member of SOMA Coach Council