Flag Football & Cheerleading State Tournament
Annual Flag Football State Tournament that will be held at Gillette Stadium. Event includes Flag Football teams from Special Olympics Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut .
Flag Football Championships
This event happens every fall and serves as the season ending tournament for teams from all across New England and is supported by the New England Patriots and the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation.
This event also includes Cheerleading demonstrations in which Special Olympics Cheerleading Athletes work on and learn cheers with the New England Patriots Cheerleaders, as well as perform the cheers they have practiced all season long.
Our Venues & Partners:
Want to be a part of this great event? Special Olympics Massachusetts is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers who want to deliver sports to the 13,000 + athletes that participate in our programming. This event requires approximately 150 volunteers. These volunteer roles are wonderful opportunities to support, cheer-on, encourage and congratulate the athletes as they compete and showcase all of their hard work and training.
Volunteer roles include:
- Certified officials
- Medical & first aid
Contact: Charles Hirsch
Gillette Schedule of Events:
- 8:00 am: Volunteer Arrival
- 8:00 am: Team Registration Shift One
- 8:30 am: Coaches’ Meeting
- 9:00 am: Opening Ceremony
- 10:00 am: Shift One Competition Begins
- 10:00 am: Cheerleading Begins
- 11:30am Shift Two Registration
- 12:30pm Shift Two Coaches meeting
- 1:00pm: Shift Two Competition Begins
- *Awards as divisions finish
**Schedule subject to change
- Event layout: Gillette Venue Map
- Shift Assignments
- Teams in Shift # 2 are welcome to attend the opening ceremony at 9am.
- Game Schedule (TBD)
- Only registered Athletes, Coaches, Unified Partners and Volunteers are allowed on field
- Families are welcome to attend and will be seated in the stands. NO FIELD ACCESS for Families and spectators
- Cheerleading will take place inside Optum Lounge. MASKS ARE RECOMMENDED
- No Meals will be provided for teams. Multiple restaurants and food options are available inside Patriot Place
- NO FOOD OR DRINK allowed inside Stadium or on the Field
- In the case of inclement weather a status message will be left on this page and on the voicemail box of 508-485-0986 ext 222) after 6am the day of the event.