Soccer Coach Training
September 25 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on September 25, 2022 at 9:00 am
This fall Special Olympics Massachusetts will be offering two soccer coach trainings. The trainings are open to all coaches (head and assistant). It is highly recommended for all coaches to attend to prepare you and your athletes for competition this fall. Trainings are designed to give coaches both an introductory overview to setting up practices, tips and skills to progress/development your soccer athlete’s and basic tips on how to manage games.
Coaches may attend one or both trainings.
- September 18th 10:00 am – New England Futbol Club Training Center, Ceder Hill Rd, Northborough
- Training will be led by John Colon, NEFC Trainer and Assistant Soccer Coach for Brandis University. NEFC is one of the top soccer clubs in the country. For more than 15 years NEFC has helped develop thousands of soccer players and enhanced their playing experience.
- Training will be based on USA Soccer grass roots soccer course
- September 25th 9:00 am- Springfield College, Alden St, Springfield
- Training will be led by John Ford Special Olympics MA Hall of Fame coach (Class of 2006) and Coach Council Advisory member and members of the Springfield College soccer team. John holds multiple Mass Youth Soccer coaching certifications (level E, F, G) as well as being a certified regional and national coach with the National Soccer Coaches Association. John also has been the Head coach for the New England Revolution Unified Team as well as been Head Soccer coach for team Massachusetts at 2006, 2010 & 2014 USA Games and part of 2022 USA Games Delegation.
To prepare for your training please visit US Soccer Learning Center (learning.ussoccer.com) and create a profile and take the free “intro to grassroots courses” course listed, . The steps to find that course are:
- Go to learning.ussoccer.com
- Create a profile
- Log-in to the learning center
- Scroll Down and Click “Coach Education”
- Click on “Free Intro Course”
- Take the Course
This should register you for the online grassroots course. It is recommended that you take the 9v9 online GR course. That takes about 2 hours but can be started and stopped whenever needed and you can return to it at your leisure. By taking this course it will make the in-person component to this training much easier to understand. The Clinicians will review the on-field component with the coaches acting as players in the exercises (about 2 hours), then you will go into the classroom where we’ll have more of a Q&A for roughly one hour.