RUN for Special Olympics Massachusetts!
Join the Special Olympics running movement by applying to one of our running teams or by registering for one of our upcoming 5k events. Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org about one of the below events or for more information about our other offerings!
- 2016 Falmouth Road Race Team
Our 25-person team, including several Ocean Spray partners, ran 7 scenic miles on the Falmouth course! Congratulation – They raised over $25,000!
Donate to a Runner!
- Trick or Trot 5k - Westfield, MA
In partnership with our Law Enforcement Torch Run program, the Trick or Trot 5k has found its new home – Stanley Park in Westfield, MA!
Join us on Sunday, October 23rd for this professionally-timed, Halloween themed 5k trail run and family festival to support local Special Olympics athletes.
Post-race festivities will include a BBQ lunch, awards in race as well as costume categories, a K-9 demonstration, and more! Bring your family to the race and experience the first annual Trunk or Treat – a Halloween “trick or treat” hosted by local Law Enforcement officials!
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Campus Fun Run - Marlborough, MA
Join Special Olympics MA and the Women at VCE for a brisk fun run through the Campus and around the local Marlborough community!
2016 information and Registration coming soon!
- Holiday Sweater Run - Lee, MA
Join the Law Enforcement Torch Run and Special Olympics MA for the annual 2016 Holiday Sweater Run in Lee, MA.
On Sunday, November 13th we’ll be kicking off the holiday season in the most fun way possible – throwing on our favorite “seasonal” sweaters and running to support the athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts!
- Boston Jolly Jaunt 5k
On Saturday, December 3, 2016, runners and walkers from all over Massachusetts will gather on the Boston Common to take part in the 12th annual Boston Jolly Jaunt, presented by the New Balance Foundation. This professionally timed flat 5k course through Boston’s Back Bay has a fun holiday theme with prizes for best costume and jingle bells for each runner.
Our Boston Jolly Jaunt aims to raise $175,000 for the athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts! By signing up, you’re not only getting to be part of this exciting event, but you’re also giving back to the nearly 12,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities that Special Olympics supports. Don’t forget, only the first 1,000 runners to register receive a Boston Jolly Jaunt race shirt.
- Hyannis Jolly Jaunt 5k
On Sunday, December 4, 2016, runners and walkers from all over Massachusetts will gather at the Hyannis Resort & Conference Center to take part in the annual Hyannis Jolly Jaunt. This professionally timed 5k course has a fun holiday theme with prizes for best costume and jingle bells for each runner.
Our Hyannis Jolly Jaunt aims to raise $50,000 for the athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts! By signing up, you’re not only getting to be part of this exciting event, but you’re also giving back to the nearly 12,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities that Special Olympics supports.
- Holiday Torch Run - Peabody, MA
Get in the holiday spirit with Special Olympics Massachusetts by participating in the Peabody Holiday Torch Run slated for Sunday, December 4th.
Join us to run or walk and help raise money benefiting local Special Olympics athletes. This is an officially sanctioned and timed 5k, so you can come for some fun or come to compete! Bring your friends and family, walk, run and dress for the occasion! Don’t forget to enter our costume contest on race morning near registration!
- 2016 Runner's World Classic Team
Join the Special Olympics Massachusetts Runner’s World Classic team today!
- Half of your registration fee goes directly back to Special Olympics MA
- There is a race for all running abilities – 5k, 10k, Half Marathon (or any combination of the three!)
- There is a recommended $250 fundraising amount in order to receive an official team race shirt, but otherwise no official fundraising commitment
To register for our team:
- Step 1) go to the Runner’s World Classic race website: http://rw.runnersworld.com/classic/
- Step 2) Click Register – choose the race or combination of races you want to run & fill out the registration information
- Step 3) When you get to the team portion of the registration, select ‘join team’ and select the Special Olympics Massachusetts
- Step 4) Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you’ve registered for the race!
To set up your no risk or commitment fundraising page:
- Step 1) Once you’re registered for the race, go to the Special Olympics Runner’s World Classic team page http://specialolympicsma.kintera.org/2016RWC and click ‘Register Here’.
- Step 2) Follow the prompts until your registration is complete
- Step 3) Personalize your page and send out your personalized fundraising URL to start receiving donations
- 2016 Boston Marathon Team
Congratulations to the 2016 Special Olympics Massachusetts Boston Marathon runners! Our 9 person team raised over $145,000 which will help fund more than 371 athletes year-round in of Special Olympics! Each runner went above and beyond for Special Olympics and we can’t thank you enough for all of your effort, dedication and support over the last 6 months.
Click here to check out some of the runner blogs
We’re still accepting donations for our marathon team! To make a donation and be part of the team’s success, click here to make a donation today!
Want to run the 2017 Boston Marathon for Special Olympics Massachusetts? Email Race@specialolympicsma.org for more information
- Glow in the Park 5k - North Attleboro, MA
Thank you to all sponsors and the 230+ runners who contributed to this year’s Glow in the Park 5k! Together we raised over $15,000 for Special Olympics athletes. Click here to see some of the event photos.
Want to participate in the 2017 Glow in the Park 5k? Check back in Spring 2017 for event information!
- Run with the Cops Midnight 5k - Pittsfield, MA
Thank you to all sponsors and event participants of this year’s Midnight Run with the Cops! Together we raised nearly $6,000 for Special Olympics athletes! Click here to see some of the event photos.
Want to participate in the 2017 Midnight Run with the Cops? Check back in Spring 2017 for event information!
- Run any race for Special Olympics Massachusetts!
Run any race of your choice and fundraise for Special Olympics MA! Contact email@example.com for more information!