RUN for Special OlympicsMassachusetts! Join the Special Olympics running movement by applying to one of our running teams or by registering for one of our upcoming 5k events. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org about one of the below events or for more information about our other offerings!
- 2016 Runner's World Classic Team - Join Today!
Join the Special Olympics Massachusetts Runner’s World Classic team today!
- Half of your registration fee goes directly back to Special Olympics MA
- There is a race for all running abilities – 5k, 10k, Half Marathon (or any combination of the three!)
- There is a recommended $250 fundraising amount in order to receive an official team race shirt, but otherwise no official fundraising commitment
To register for our team:
- Step 1) go to the Runner’s World Classic race website: http://rw.runnersworld.com/classic/
- Step 2) Click Register – choose the race or combination of races you want to run & fill out the registration information
- Step 3) When you get to the team portion of the registration, select ‘join team’ and select the Special Olympics Massachusetts
- Step 4) Email email@example.com to let her know you’ve registered for the race!
To set up your no risk or commitment fundraising page:
- Step 1) Once you’re registered for the race, go to the Special Olympics Runner’s World Classic team page http://specialolympicsma.kintera.org/2016RWC and click ‘Register Here’.
- Step 2) Follow the prompts until your registration is complete
- Step 3) Personalize your page and send out your personalized fundraising URL to start receiving donations
- 2016 Falmouth Road Race Team
Each year a group of strong Special Olympics MA supporters get together to take on the Falmouth Road Race. This year we have a team of 25 individuals, including several Ocean Spray partners, who will raise $25,000 for the athletes of Special Olympics. On august 21, 2016, this group will take on the 7 scenic miles of the Falmouth course to accomplish their goal of crossing the finish line! Spots are filling up fast, so apply below if you’re interested in running Falmouth with us.
Already have a bib for Falmouth? Join our team and commit to raising $500 to receive all the team benefits!
What you receive:
- Access to a bib for the 2016 Falmouth Road Race
- Free entry fee (a $175 value)
- Weekly team communication
- Online fundraising page
- Team hat
- Race day shirt
- Additional team gear for top fundraisers
- Training and fundraising tips and resources
DONATE TO A RUNNER
- 2016 Boston Marathon Team
Congratulations to the 2016 Special Olympics Massachusetts Boston Marathon runners! Our 9 person team raised over $145,000 which will help fund more than 371 athletes year-round in of Special Olympics! Each runner went above and beyond for Special Olympics and we can’t thank you enough for all of your effort, dedication and support over the last 6 months.
Click here to check out some of the runner blogs
We’re still accepting donations for our marathon team! To make a donation and be part of the team’s success, click here to make a donation today!
Want to run the 2017 Boston Marathon for Special Olympics Massachusetts? Email Race@specialolympicsma.org for more information
- Glow in the Park 5k - North Attleboro, MA
Join us on June 18, 2016 for the most fun you’ll have this summer by wearing your best neon and glow gear to light up the night! The Law Enforcement Torch Run is hitting the streets for Special Olympics Massachusetts for the Glow in the Park 5K! The run will start and end at the North Attleboro Industrial Park. Our start/ finish line, located at Waters Church, is positively glowing and our glow zones are featured throughout the course – a perfect photo opportunity for you and your team!
Check out the event page on Facebook HERE
- Run with the Cops Midnight 5k - Pittsfield, MA
We’re hitting the streets and everyone is a suspect! Join us on Saturday, July 9th for the 4th Annual Law Enforcement Torch Run’s Midnight Run with the Cops! The run will start and finish at the Berkshire Running Center on Summer Street. Check in and registration will start at 10:30 PM on Saturday, July 9th with the run officially starting at 11:59PM
- 10:30PM: Registration
- 11:45PM: Safety Briefing
- Midnight: RUN!
- 12:50AM: Awards
*The first 200 pre-registered will receive event t-shirt.*
- Suspect Court Fine (pre-reg): $20
- Day of Court Appearance: $25
- Oktoberfest 5k - Marlborough, MA
Special Olympics MA is excited to announce the 2016 Oktoberfest 5k being held Saturday, October 1st! This fun filled event will be held in partnership with the Marlborough Chamber of Commerce and it’s Heritage Festival weekend beer fest.
Registration coming soon – check back for more details!
- Campus Fun Run
Join Special Olympics and the Women at VCE for a brisk fun run through the Campus and around the local Marlborough community!Check out the website http://campusfunrun.kintera.org/
- Halloween Western MA 5k - TBD
Special Olympics MA is planning a new and exciting rendition of the 5k formerly known as the Trick-or-Trot. This event will be held in the western MA area – More details to come!
- Ugly Sweater Run - Lee, MA
Join the Law Enforcement Torch Run and Special Olympics MA for the annual 2016 Ugly Sweater Run in Lee, MA. The event will take place in mid-November – More details to come!
- Boston Jolly Jaunt 5k
On Saturday, December 3, 2016, runners and walkers from all over Massachusetts will gather on the Boston Common to take part in the 12th annual Boston Jolly Jaunt, presented by the New Balance Foundation. This professionally timed flat 5k course through Boston’s Back Bay has a fun holiday theme with prizes for best costume and jingle bells for each runner.
Our Boston Jolly Jaunt aims to raise $175,000 for the athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts! By signing up, you’re not only getting to be part of this exciting event, but you’re also giving back to the nearly 12,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities that Special Olympics supports. Don’t forget, only the first 1,000 runners to register receive a Boston Jolly Jaunt race shirt.
Registration & 2016 website COMING SOON!
- Hyannis Jolly Jaunt 5k
On Sunday, December 4, 2016, runners and walkers from all over Massachusetts will gather at the Hyannis Resort & Conference Center to take part in the annual Hyannis Jolly Jaunt. This professionally timed 5k course has a fun holiday theme with prizes for best costume and jingle bells for each runner.
Our Boston Jolly Jaunt aims to raise $50,000 for the athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts! By signing up, you’re not only getting to be part of this exciting event, but you’re also giving back to the nearly 12,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities that Special Olympics supports.
Registration & 2016 website COMING SOON!
- Holiday Torch Run - Peabody, MA
Get in the spirit with Special Olympics Massachusetts this holiday season by participating in the Peabody Holiday Torch Run slated for December. Join us to run or walk and help raise money benefiting local Special Olympics athletes. This is an officially sanctioned and timed 5k, so you can come for some fun or come to compete! Bring your friends and family, walk, run and dress for the occasion! Don’t forget to enter our costume contest on race morning near registration!
Registration and more details are on the way!
- Run any race for Special Olympics Massachusetts!
Run any race of your choice and fundraise for Special Olympics MA! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!