Equestrian is one of the most fascinating sports offered by Special Olympics Massachusetts. The balance, the stability and the right communication between the horse and the rider is a key element for success in the sport of equestrian.
Equestrian Season Coaches Informational Packet (coming July 2015)
- Smithfield Farm Show Program (coming September 2015)
- Wedgewood Stables Show Program (coming September 2015)
- Briggs Farm Show Program (coming September 2015)
- Windrush Farm Show Program (coming soon)
- Canterberry Farm Show Program (coming soon)
- Show Format
- Special Olympics Massachusetts will host five equestrian shows throughout the state.
- Each participating program will be assigned a primary competition location and they may ride in all five shows, space permitting.
- Show Dates and Locations
North Shore – October 17, 2015
Cape Cod & Islands – September 2015 TBD
South Shore – September 2015 TBD
Berkshires – September 2015 TBD
Central Mass – October 2015 TBD
Canterberry Acres, Spencer MA
- Registration and Rider Profile Deadlines
- Wedgwood Stables – September TBD
- Briggs Stable – September TBD
- Smithfield Farm – September TBD
- Windrush Farms – September TBD
- Canterberry Acres – September TBD
All Class A Volunteer Forms are due by September TBD
- Important Notes
- Please have all rider profiles, registrations and medicals submitted to your regional office by the corresponding deadlines.
- Please check with stable before bringing your own horse to their property.
- For competition, all riders must be dressed in the proper riding attire. Breeches, slacks or stretch pants, NO JEANS; sport coat, blazer or riding jacket; shoes or boots with heal; light solid color shirt with conservative neck tie, riding shirt, white turtleneck, or a collar knit polo.
- Meals will vary from venue to venue. More information about your show will be provided to you as the event arrives.