FUNDRAISING EVENTS GUIDELINES & APPROVAL FORM Thank you for your interest in hosting an event to benefit Special Olympics Massachusetts (SOMA) through the Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR) Program. We are truly grateful for your support and ask that you follow these guidelines as you plan your event. Working with you, our goal is to ensure the best possible outcome for your event and for SOMA’s mission. • Any individual, business or organization that wishes to host an event benefiting SOMA must complete an event application (below) which will be reviewed and approved by the LETR Executive Council.
• The LETR Executive Council has the ability at any time to contact, question and offer guidance to the event organizer and/or planning committee.
• Until the event has been approved, no public announcements can be made, and the event may not be promoted in any way.
• Applications must be submitted at least 12 weeks in advance of the proposed event date. However, the earlier the better to allow for approval time.
• All event materials that include LETR or SOMA’s name and/or logo must be reviewed and approved prior to being posted publically. Materials include, but are not limited to, advertising, press releases, posters, flyers, and t-shirts.
• Solicitation of businesses involving direct or implied use of LETR or SOMA’s names and/or logo must be approved in advance. Many businesses already support SOMA and may not wish to make additional donations.
• If the proposed event offers online fundraising opportunities, the event organizer or planning committee must work with SOMA staff to update necessary materials in a timely fashion.
• Although SOMA staff is available for assistance and feedback, recruiting a volunteer event planning committee is strongly encouraged to share responsibilities and treat the event as a Third-Party fundraising opportunity
• Event expenses must be maintained and controlled by the event organizer, aiming to keep expenses as low or as non-existent as possible.