Welcome Milford Athletes!!
Special Olympics Massachusetts will now be offering an 8 week virtual fitness program for you and your fellow Milford teammates! This program is a perfect way to come together during times like these while making sure we stay fit and safe!
Classes will be held on Thursdays from 5:30-6:30PM (Scheduled for an hour but sometimes they wont take the full hour.).
Dates are listed below as well as the Zoom log in information.
This class is for anyone of any fitness level! There will be modifications for every exercises so you can do what is most comfortable or appropriate for your fitness level.
Each week the class will consist of the following:
- Welcomes/ Saying Hello
- Reminders From Vicky (have water, tie your shoes ect.)
- Warm Up
- Cool Down
- Say Good Byes
Looking Ahead At the 8 Weeks!
Take a look below, each week is broken so you can know exactly what to expect for that week! The bulletin points in RED are the “Spirit Week” themes, to spice up each class and make it silly and fun! Feel free to go along with the “Spirit Week” themes, however, its not mandatory! The bulletin points in BLUE are the workout themes for that week. This way you will have an idea of the type of workout we will be doing that class/ what part of the body we will be focusing on. Week 1 and 8 has NO “Spirit Week” theme.
Week 1- August 6th
- Full body strength: Lets build some muscle! To start off the program we will focus on strengthening the whole body (upper body, lower body and dont forget about core!)
Week 2- August 13th
- Special Olympics Massachusetts TSHIRT: wear your favorite SOMA tshirt
- Cardio focused: Our heart is the main muscle used in cardio (endurance) exercises so this week we will focus on raising the heart rate, getting the blood flowing and making sure the heart gets the workout it needs.
Week 3- August 20th
- Crazy socks day: For today’s workout wear the craziest socks you have even if that is mismatching socks!
- Balance, & stretching: let’s take it down a notch and do some recovery work. Stretching and Balance are often forgot about when working out so lets dedicated a whole day to them.
Week 4- August 27th
- Professional sports: Represent your favorite professional sports (EX. shirt, hat, socks, headband)
- Sport themed exercises: combining both strength & endurance.
Week 5- September 3rd
- School colors: Wear your School colors (even if you are not currently in school, pick a school you attended and represent them)
- Upper body strength: This week we will be focusing on our arms, back and chest! For some added resistance you can use light dumbbells or resistance bands if you have them. If you don’t have dumbbells or resistance bands grab some water bottles or cans or soup. Don’t have any of these items? THAT’S OKAY!
Week 6- September 10th
- USA: Wear red white and blue colors!
- Lower body strength and core: Back to building strong muscles, focusing strictly on our leg muscles… and we cant forget core.
Week 7- September 17th
- SOMA Medal& Ribbons: Show off your medals/ ribbons before the workout (medals should be OFF during workouts)
- Full body strength & flexibility: just like week 1 we will be focusing on strengthening the whole body plus adding some extra flexibility exercises
Week 8- September 24th
- Mix of cardio and strength: To end the program we will combine strength and cardio! We will do some strengthen training first followed by some cardio exercises
- We will try to send out reminders about the class earlier in the week ( Monday or Tuesday).
- If you are going to miss a class try and let Vicky
- Almost ALL of the classes will consist of BODY WEIGHT exercises meaning you dont need any equipment. Some exercises you can add weight to and if that is the case I will give recommendations for things around the house that can be used (ex. water bottles or cans of soup).
- HAVE FUN
Here is the zoom link for the class. This link is re-occurring meaning it will be the same link every week. You can always look back here if you lose it or email Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Topic: Milford Fitness
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 898 3752 2570
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89837522570#,,,,,,0#,,100162# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,89837522570#,,,,,,0#,,100162# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chica go)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 898 3752 2570
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdfqQcQhrK