Recycle for Gold
Special Olympics Massachusetts Vehicle Donation Program
Want to get more mileage out of your old car before buying a new one? Donate that old ride to Special Olympics Massachusetts and help support year-round training and athletic competitions for children and adults with intellectual disabilities in your community and across the state.
- Your contribution will help support year-round programming to Special Olympics athletes across Massachusetts.
- You’ll be eligible for a tax deduction based on the value of your car.
Donating A Vehicle Step-By-Step
1-800-590-1600 for Massachusetts
Cars from CT or RI are no longer able to be picked up.
1) You will receive a notice from the Special Olympics Donation Team, including the number of their retrieval company in your area.
2) The retrieval company will contact you to schedule a convenient pick-up. You don’t have to be there when the car is picked up.
3) The vehicle is picked up and you are given an acknowledgement for your records.
Donating a Car to Charity: Tax Information
Upon pick-up of the vehicle, you receive a receipt that may be used to claim your charitable deduction on that year’s taxes. If your vehicle sells for over $500, you will be notified of the sale. In that case, you will receive appropriate tax documents in the mail containing the actual gross sale price of the vehicle. All receipts and paperwork as well as scheduling pickup is done by Millis Tow 508-376-2828 or MillisTow@comcast.net.