Recycle for Gold
Special Olympics Vehicle Donation Program
Want to get more mileage out of your old car before buying a new one? Donate that old ride to Special Olympics Massachusetts and help support year-round training and athletic competitions for children and adults with intellectual disabilities in your community and across the state.
- Your contribution will help support year-round programming to Special Olympics athletes across Massachusetts or Connecticut.
- You’ll be eligible for a tax deduction based on the value of your car.
Donating A Car Step-By-Step
1-800-590-1600 for Massachusetts
1-855-392-2886 for Connecticut
1-401-349-4900 for Rhode Island
1) You will receive a notice from the Special Olympics Donation Team, including the number of their retrieval company in your area.
2) The retrieval company will contact you to schedule a convenient pick-up. You don’t even have to be there when the car is picked up.
3) The vehicle is picked up and you are given an acknowledgement for your records.
Donating a Car to Charity: Tax Information
Upon pick-up of the vehicle, you receive a receipt that may be used to claim your charitable deduction on that year’s taxes. If your vehicle sells for over $500, you will be notified of the sale. In that case, you will receive appropriate tax documents in the mail containing the actual gross sale price of the vehicle.