Join In On The Competition!
What is the Stride Challenge?
- The Stride Challenge is similar to a step challenge for the Special Olympics Massachusetts community to compete in. However, instead of counting steps we are counting miles! The goal is to log the most miles over the course of the challenge.
- Athletes, Coaches, Unified Partners, Family Members, Teachers , Volunteers and Chaperones are all invited to be apart of the challenge!
- Walk, Run or Roll to log those miles!
How long is the challenge?
- 10 Weeks! Start Date: October 1st.– End Date: December 10th
How to Join the Challenge
- Step #1: Register. Form can be found at the bottom of this page.↓
- Step #2: Join our Stride Challenge Group on the Free App Strava. Group Name: SOMA Stride Challenge
- Step #3: Get out and log those miles.
- Strava is a free app that can be purchased on any smart phone
- NO Smart phone? NO Problem! Strava can be used on your computer. Link below
- Individuals can track the miles “live” or input them manually later.
- Already a member for another group? Thats okay! You can join multiple groups on Strava!
For instructions check out the video or PDF!
Challenge a Friend!
- Make it even more fun and challenge a friend to see who can walk, run or roll the most miles during the challenge!
For Schools/ Teachers
- For teachers that have signed up for their class, you can download and use the excel spreadsheet template below. You can email the filled out spread sheet weekly or at the end of the challenge. If you want to have them be entered into the weekly leader board, please email the tracker weekly at email@example.com
- Did someone say prizes? YES. There will be prizes given to the TOP 3 INDIVIDUALS who appear in the Weekly Leader Board’s TOP 5 the most throughout the 10 weeks. SO make sure to get into that TOP 5.
Turn Your Miles Into Fundraising
- Interested in more Special Olympics Massachusetts’s Swag? Join our Xtra Mile Community to fundraise for it! For a $50.00 donation you can be apart of the Xtra Mile’s monthly virtual Run/Bike/Walk Race series! BUT join the STRIDE CHALLENGE and you’ll receive $10 off with a special PROMO CODE
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the PROMO CODE.
- In addition to our monthly virtual series, you’ll get:
- exclusive access to our virtual endurance platform,
- discounts and early access to Xtra Mile Jaunt events in 2021,
- a Certificate of Achievement each time you complete a monthly race,
- and a custom medal at the end of the year.
- Did I also mention they have cool incentives when you reach one of these fundrasing levels.
National Stride Challenge
Special Olympics North America will also running a Stride Challenge! There challenge is only 8-weeks and will run from October 19-December 13. This National Challenge is to encourage athletes and Unified pairs from across the United States, Canada and the Caribbean to set goals to walk, run or roll (in a wheelchair) and stay active this fall.
- Open to all Special Olympics athletes to register as an individual or part of a Unified pair. Family, friends and supporters can participate as a Unified partner teamed up with a Special Olympics athlete.
- ** You can join multiple groups on STRAVA. Once you record or manually upload a walk or run it will automatically upload to all of your groups.
- Join the SONA Stride Group>>> https://www.strava.com/clubs/SONAStride
- Special Olympics North America is asking that each week, athletes self-report their distance via a SmartSheet survey, earning them a coveted spot on the Region-wide leaderboard.