Stay Fit With SOMA 8/31
This week’s theme is Fun Facts About Fitness!
Every week we post exercise videos, nutrition tips, and more on our blog to provide you with opportunities to stay fit and active even at home! This weeks blog will focus on fun facts about fitness you probably didn’t know!
Fun Facts About Fitness…..
…..That you probably didn’t know. Everyone knows that you should workout because its “healthy” or because its “good” for you. Lets look at some other benefits & reasons why you should be working out!
- Exercising improves brain performance. Cardiovascular exercise helps create new brain cells. This enhances brainpower and brain activity.
- Working out sharpens your memory
- Working out can help you sleep better. If you are someone who has trouble sleeping or staying asleep, then working out is your answer. Exercise helps to clear your head and helps you feel relaxed.
- You get sick less often. Exercising regularly helps boost your immune system. This means you’ll get sick less often than people who don’t exercise.
- Exercise can help with everyday living! Think about it- exercising regularly will help with you, clean the house or do yard work with less effort, be able to carry heavy groceries in, and climb stairs without getting tired so fast.
- More muscle mass = burning more fat while resting
- Exercise gives you energy! So put down that redbull, energy drink or 3rd cup of coffee and get moving!
- Got back pain? Regular activity can ease the severity and reduce the frequency of lower back pain.
- Working out regularly has been linked to fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Weight Loss Is Not the Most Important Goal. With so many other benefits, remember weight loss should not be the sole purpose of exercising. Strive to feel better, to have more energy, to be less stressed. Notice the small things that exercise does for you quickly, rather than getting hung up on the narrow goal of the number on a scale
So lets start moving to reap these benefits!! But before you start exercising, heres another fact to think about…
People who do the same daily type of exercise regularly are more prone to injury. Make sure to mix it up when you exercise. There are so many different types of workouts/ forms of exercise so next time you want a workout be adventurous and try something new! Doing a new workout/ type of exercise allows you to use muscles that you normally dont use!
Live Fitness this week (8/26): Fit 5 Fitness Card Themed Workout
This week we will be using the Fit 5 Fitness Cards to create an at home workout! Never heard of Fit 5? Fit 5 is a resource that educates us on 3 different topics: hydration, nutrition and physical activity. Fit 5 has 3 simple goals: of exercise 5 days per week, eating 5 total fruits and vegetables per day and drinking 5 water bottles of water per day
The Fit 5 has Fitness Cards offer exercises to challenge all abilities. We will be showing you how the Fitness Cards exercises can also be done at home, however, these cards can also be done at practice, or at the gym! There are 5 different levels of cards, try your best to go from level 1- level 5! View or download the full set of cards here
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 815 6005 7230
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,81560057230#,,,,,,0#,,796736# US (New York)
+13017158592,,81560057230#,,,,,,0#,,796736# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 815 6005 7230
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kevQ8aYtSh
Looking Ahead! Join us for our Brave Yoga- A Unified Virtual Yoga Program Coming This October! Check out the program’s page here for more information about the program and to register! During this program, individuals will experience a relaxing but fun yoga class as well as tools for mindful breathing and stress reducing techniques.
For ideas on how to stay active this week, commit to stay fit! You’ll get even more access to great exercises and tips!
Why you should Commit to Stay Fit with SOMA:
- Access to our athlete fitness dashboard
- Wellness goals
- Nutrition tips and recipes