Join us at the Western Ma Hiking Club!
Dates: April 10th- May 22th
Where: Various Locations! The location will be emailed out the week before, along with the challenge level of location (some locations might have more incline than others). Examples of locations Van Horn Park, Peaked Mountain, Springfield Reservoir, Bear Reservoir
Benefits of Hiking!
- Lower your risk of heart disease
- Improves your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Boost bone density, since walking is a weight-bearing exercise
- Build strength in your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and the muscles in your hips and lower legs
- Strengthen your core
- Improve balance
- Help control your weight
- Boost your mood. “Research shows that hiking has a positive impact on combating the symptoms of stress and anxiety – says Gregory A. Miller, PhD, president of the American Hiking Society. “Being in nature is ingrained in our DNA, and we sometimes forget that.
Mask & COVID screening required.
**** All athletes must have a medical form on file with Special Olympics Massachusetts. If you are new to Special Olympics Massachusetts please fill out a Medical Form.
- DUE to COVID we understand going to the doctors office might bring some challenges. We are accepting physicals from the previous 2 years. If you are using a physical from a previous year- fill out the basic information on the topf of page 1, fill out signature on bottom of page 2, then attach the physical to the form.
- Email Vicky DiNatale at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail medical forms to Matt Vaghi at Special Olympics MA; 512 Forest St Marlborough MA 01752
Sign up today!