Special Olympics Massachusetts offers unpaid internship opportunities with flexible schedules and hours. Recent migration from legacy systems to the Salesforce NPSP platform and other SAS products to support our operations has created a need for data review and analysis. It is our intention to provide interns with hands-on (hybrid and/or remote) experience in supporting the mission of a year-round Olympic-style sports competition and training program for athletes, coaches, and volunteers.
- Collecting, analyzing, and storing data in an organized fashion to ensure that it can be retrieved efficiently when needed
- Reviewing data for accuracy and ensuring that it is presented in a clear and concise manner
- Analyzing data to identify patterns or opportunities for improvement
- Conduct analysis to support business decisions, developing reports and dashboards, and helping to improve our data infrastructure
- Conducting research to gather data on specific tools to assist in data analysis
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to ensure that they have all of the data they need to make informed decisions
- Prepare documentation on review and findings as directed by SOMA staff
Recommended areas of study include bachelor’s degree in data analytics, computer science, mathematics, business or another closely related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as an interest in data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Interested applicants should be flexible, motivated, and able to work both independently and as a team. To apply, please complete the form below including a cover letter and resume detailing your experience.