[Due to weather conditions Revere Beach Plunge is now at Nantasket Beach in Hull on 3/14.]
For further information please contact Steve Huftalen by email here or at 508-485-0986 Ext. 212
Donate to a Plunger
- If the Plunger you wish to support is part of a school team (middle school, high school, college, etc.), find them HERE
- To support all other Plungers, go HERE
The Polar Plunge ® is the best day at the beach all year – and it’s in the winter! Every year Special Olympics Massachusetts’ bravest supporters are “Freezin’ for a Reason” when they plunge into the icy waters of the Atlantic.
The Plunge is the biggest single-day fundraising event of the year. Plungers and Chickens (fundraisers who don’t take the plunge) compete for bragging rights in various team and individual fundraising categories, and are then treated to a big party at the beach with music, food, costume contests and more!
Details for 2015
Saturday, February 14th
- Onota Lake in Pittsfield, MA
- Spec Pond in Wilbraham, MA
- Masspoag Lake in Sharon, MA
Register to Plunge on the 14th HERE
February 28thMarch 14
- Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA
- Revere Beach in Revere, MA [Revere Beach is closed due to weather conditions. All Plungers please go to Nantasket Beach in Hull]
The Polar Plunge® (previously the Passion Plunge) was established in 1999 as a fundraiser for Special Olympics Massachusetts. So far our Plungers have worked together to raise over $2.9 million for the athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts.