The Polar Plunge ® is the best day at the beach all year – and it’s in the winter! Every year Special Olympics Massachusetts’ bravest supporters are “Freezin’ for a Reason” when they plunge into the icy waters of the Atlantic.
The Plunge is the biggest single-day fundraising event of the year. Plungers and Chickens (fundraisers who don’t take the plunge) compete for bragging rights in various team and individual fundraising categories, and are then treated to a big party at the beach with music, food, costume contests and more!
Details for 2015
Saturday, February 28th
- Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA
- Revere Beach in Revere, MA
- If your school is participating in the Cool School Challenge go here
- Everyone else Plunging on Feb. 28th go here
Donate to a Plunger
- If the Plunger you wish to support is part of a school team (middle school, high school, college, etc.), find them here
- To support all other Plungers, go here
The Polar Plunge® (previously the Passion Plunge) was established in 1999 as a fundraiser for Special Olympics Massachusetts. So far our Plungers have worked together to raise over $2.9 million for the athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts.