Development Coordinator, Fundraising
Special Olympics Massachusetts’s mission is to provide year-round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for all children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, prepare for entry into school and community programs, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Special Olympics Massachusetts capitalized on a multi-year stretch in celebration of our 50th anniversary in 2018 to achieve tremendous success, increasing organizational revenue by 50% to surpass $6 million annually. We now embark on our next growth phase as we take our learnings from 2020 and build a strategic revenue expansion plan that will allow us to deliver a more robust program. The Development Coordinator will play an important role, supporting and engaging fundraisers and partners across the Revenue Department.
- Support the fulfillment of key relationships’ expectations and experience, helping to execute their vision for the impact they want to make on the organization’s mission.
- Plan and implement any events or logistics related to fundraiser and partner impact.
- Meet participant and team renewal and recruitment goals for community fundraising events.
- Dispense the tools, incentives and support to fundraising teams and corporate partners, coaching them to reach their goals.
- Utilize the organization’s fundraising software to ensure top-notch constituent experience and serve the organization’s strategic revenue goals.
- Represent and speak on behalf of SOMA at various events, conferences, and meetings.
- Be ready, willing, and able to take on other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 1-3 years in non-profit fundraising/development
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, public speaking and sales skills
- Strong event planning and execution background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of industry fundraising software preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with people and/or with difficult situations.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and other constituents.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following skills:
Action-oriented, Drive for Results, Dealing with Change & Uncertainty, Building Effective Teams, Customer-focused, Managing Vision & Purpose.