Development Manager, Fundraising and Partnerships
Special Olympics Massachusetts’s mission is to provide year-round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for all children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, prepare for entry into school and community programs, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Special Olympics Massachusetts capitalized on a multi-year stretch in celebration of our 50th anniversary in 2018 to achieve tremendous success, increasing organizational revenue by 50% to surpass $6 million annually. We now embark on our next growth phase as we take our learnings from 2020 and build a strategic revenue expansion plan that will allow us to deliver a more robust program. The Development Manager will ensure fundraisers, sponsors, investors, and partners have a tremendous experience with Special Olympics Massachusetts, seeing the personal, business, and mission impact they desire. You will have a natural ability to manage relationships, think creatively, find varied ways for financial and community investment, and keep the organization’s mission at the forefront of all you do.
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of high-value relationships to the organization including fundraisers, sponsors, personal investors, collaborative partnerships, etc., developing and steering them to achieve the organization’s strategic revenue goals.
- Build deep, powerful, and dynamic relationships with current and prospective partners, focused on developing their passions and fulfilling on their expectations of experience and impact.
- Lead the implementation of activation and stewardship plans designed to retain and grow partner engagement, community-building and mission investment.
- Build the prospect pipeline for fundraising, corporate and event partnerships, leadership roles, and investment opportunities across the organization.
- Continually identify new assets, engagement and partnership opportunities within our programs and platforms.
- Apply a data-driven approach to set and achieve revenue and relationship goals for the organization, seeing them as opportunities to sell the mission, strengthen communities and partnerships, and build SOMA back to better.
- Represent and speak on behalf of Special Olympics Massachusetts at various events, conferences, and meetings.
- Be ready, willing, and able to take on other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience in non-profit development or similar for-profit client and partner services role. Sports experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and cultivate partners and volunteer committees
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, public speaking and sales skills
- Strong event planning and execution background
- Proficiency in MS office Suite
- Working knowledge of HubSpot preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following skills: Action oriented, Decision Quality, Dealing with Change & Uncertainty, Building Effective Teams, Customer Focused and Managing Vision & Purpose