Director of Finance & Administration
Special Olympics Massachusetts’s mission is to provide year-round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for all children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, prepare for entry into school and community programs, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
This position directs and oversees the financial and administrative operations of SOMA including banking, accounting functions, payroll, budget preparation, information technology, human resources and administrative services.
- Manage all financial affairs and develop internal controls to ensure the organization is in a healthy financial position
- Prepares all monthly financial reports and analyze projections against actuals.
- Manage all internal and external compliance programs associated with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Manage the yearly budget preparation
- Manage all aspects of the yearly audit and Form 990
- Act as staff liaison to the Board of Directors and Finance Committee. Provide them with information and support as needed and present information to the Board upon request.
- Maintain a schedule of fixed assets, acquisitions and depreciation
- Oversee and provide necessary controls for office facilities and equipment
- Oversees the management of the Information Services for SOMA
- Maintain and manage the review and renewal of all SOMA insurance policies
- Manage the SOMA personnel policies and attendance tracking system
- Oversees and manages Human Resources including recruitment, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits and employee evaluation process
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the President & CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge software preferred
- Proficiency in MS office Suite
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following skills: Action oriented, Decision Quality, Dealing with Change & Uncertainty, Building Effective Teams, Customer Focused and Managing Vision & Purpose