Title: Logistics Coordinator
Description: Supports all departments across organization with logistical needs such as packing and unpacking, restocking of event equipment, ordering of all supplies, coordinating with vendors.
Supervisor: Vice President of Sports
- Maintains all equipment by routinely inspecting, repairing and disposing as needed
- Maintains storage area by developing an inventory system and storage system for all equipment used throughout the organization.
- Develops and manages logistics and equipment budget for organization across all departments
- Orders all equipment to be used throughout organization (medals, banners, t-shirts etc)
- Oversees maintenance schedule for all depreciating equipment (car, speakers etc)
Event logistical support:
- Actively manages, updates, develops equipment lists for all events (competition, schools and fundraising) and meetings
- Continually meets with staff to determine logistical needs for upcoming quarter
- Responsible for packing, loading, unloading and restocking of all equipment for all SOMA events (competition, schools and fundraising)
- Oversees the ordering process of all equipment through outside vendors needed to put on event (competition, schools and fundraising), such as but not limited to: tables, chairs, tents, toilets, t-shirts, medals, medical supplies, etc.
- Develops and maintains a system for all staff and volunteers to follow when requesting and signing out equipment and event supplies
- Creates a preferred vendor list through an RFP process and develops relationships with said vendors throughout the chapter, by region, to ensure best possible rates for Special Olympics Massachusetts
- Keeps inventory of all equipment used by Special Olympics Massachusetts, such as, but not limited to, medals, medical supplies, t-shirts etc.
Local Program support:
- Creates a preferred vendor list through an RFP process for all Local Programs to purchase uniforms and equipment and procures items for all Programs
- Develops an order process with deadlines by season, for all Local Programs to order uniforms and equipment
- Develops a catalog for local programs to order uniforms and equipment
- Manages SOMA online store
- Serves as liaison to all event teams (competition, schools, fundraisers)
- Attends and participates in all statewide competitions, conferences, and major fund raising events unless excused by supervisor
- Ensures proper delivery of event equipment to assigned event
- Assist in Special Olympics MA facility / property maintenance and up keep
- Performs any other duties that maybe assigned by supervisor
- Part – time hourly non – exempt position
- Occasional weekends required
- 20-30 hours Max 40 hours a week.
- Hours may vary by time of year and calendar of events
- Proven experience in project and logistics management
- Ability to multi-task – position will be supporting multiple events and departments within a given time period
- Comfortable working in a small warehouse and office environment
- Able to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in MS office Suite
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following skills: Action oriented, Decision Quality, Dealing with Change & Uncertainty, Building Effective Teams, Customer Focused and Managing Vision & Purpose
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.