Manager, Marketing and Media Production
|Job Title: Manager, Marketing and Media Production||Location: Marlborough, MA.|
|Department: Development||Notes: Exempt, salary|
|Reports To: AVP – Development, Brand and Marketing|
The mission of Special Olympics Massachusetts (SOMA) is to provide year-round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for all children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, prepare for entry into school and community programs, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Does the idea of completely reimagining the marketing and engagement strategy of an established nonprofit brand sound like something that gets you excited? Good, keep reading!
The Marketing and Communications department at Special Olympics Massachusetts is currently transitioning to a media-first content strategy with an emphasis on video, photo, audio, and written content that is entertaining, athlete-focused, a little unexpected, inspiring, thought provoking, and worth sticking around for. We will be unapologetic in how we deliver the content – our most ardent supporters want to know everything there is to know about Special Olympics and we want to deliver.
Special Olympics Massachusetts is on the hunt for our next (and first!) Manager, Marketing and Media Production, who will serve as the driving force behind our content approach and will come to the table with a producer and director’s eye towards the role. You’ll have the opportunity to get started on day one with content creation and production but more importantly, you will have the opportunity to grow into the role of leading the content strategy and tactical implementation while building a complete media platform that will be seen as an industry leader.
- Lead the creation of a media and content platform that brings together the best of sports, mission and storytelling, built to be impactful and serve multiple focus areas
- Current constituency of athletes, families, coaches, volunteers and other supporters
- New acquisition marketing tools
- Standalone content platform that builds an audience and can become a revenue channel
- Create, manage and produce a master content/media calendar and plan that ensures timely production and delivery of all content and media needs, ideally on a 90-Day basis.
- As the platform grows, source and manage a pool of content creators and editors to assist in delivery of content and media, including Special Olympics athletes, Unified Partners and volunteers.
- Identify and grow on-camera personalities including Special Olympics athletes and Unified partners; be prepared to be on-camera personally as necessary.
- Be responsible for deliverables relative to corporate and other partnerships, grants/foundations and other organizational priorities.
- Be ready, willing, and able to take on other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability in creating video/audio/print content that generated and increased consumption and engagement metrics.
- Pre- and post-production experience, including lighting and audio set-up and operation for varied types of media.
- Understanding of social media channels and audience demographics to be able to create appropriate content/media and use effectively and strategically.
- Understanding and familiarity with professional production equipment and needs for video and audio projects. Current equipment includes:
- Sony PXW-Z150 4K XDCAM
- Canon XC15 4K
- Nikon D3500 DSLR with two zoom lenses
- Sennheiser EW 100 G4 2-person wireless microphone system
- Studio lighting
- Studio backdrops – green screen, white, black
- Blue Yeti podcasting microphones
- Experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially
- Premiere, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Excellent written communications skills, with a knack for storytelling.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Understanding of communication strategy, marketing, and branding principles especially content marketing.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with people and/or with difficult situations.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and other constituents.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following skills:
Action oriented, Drive for Results, Dealing with Change & Uncertainty, Building Effective Teams, Customer Focused, Managing vision and purpose.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- 4-6 years related experience in sports content creation