Manager of Inclusive Schools Programs
SOMA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, culture, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, age, parental status, socio-economic background, military service, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.
Special Olympics Massachusetts’s mission is to provide year-round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for all children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, prepare for entry into school and community programs, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
The Manager of Inclusive Schools Programs will be responsible for the implementation, growth and programmatic development of all schools programming, including pre-school, elementary, middle and high school, college building and managing Special Olympics partnerships and unified programs. The territory will primarily be in the Norfolk, Bristol, Plymouth, Barnstable and Duke Counties and will require travel throughout the territory.
Key Responsibilities/Skills Needed:
- Manage all school-based Inclusive Schools programs in Southern Massachusetts to ensure annual quality growth of programming across the territory. Responsibilities include relationship building, growing the athlete base, training (teacher, student and volunteer), event planning, communications and budgeting.
- Build, structure and monitor all program outreach and partnership development related to schools and school districts.
- Work closely with Special Education Parent Advisory Committees (SEPACs) to develop relationships and onboard families to Special Olympics Schools and Community programming.
- Develop, implement and maintain all programming within Inclusive Schools to ensure quality programming for the three components – Unified Sports, Youth Leadership and Whole School Engagement.
- Work with schools to become self-sustaining Inclusive Schools within three years of starting programming, utilizing school and district-wide leadership teams.
- Work with schools and families to educate and facilitate entrance for interested athletes and partners into their next Special Olympics programming offered outside the school day.
- Assist with school data gathering, reporting and end of year evaluation to support all grant reports and serve as liaison for Inclusive Schools surveys.
- Help recruit members for the statewide the Youth Activation Council, growing student leadership throughout MA.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the school system, Special Olympics or sports field
- Proven ability to work with educators
- Proven ability to recruit, manage and motivate volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, public speaking and sales skills
- Strong event planning and execution background
- Self-starter who can work in an on the road environment
- Proficiency in MS office Suite and Google docs
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following skills: Action oriented, Decision Quality, Dealing with Change & Uncertainty, Building Effective Teams, Customer Focused and Managing Vision & Purpose