The Summer Season at Special Olympics Massachusetts runs from June to Mid-August. The season is host to numerous state qualifying tournaments, invitational events and culminates with season ending State Tournament.
During this time frame over 1,200 Special Olympics ATHLETES and Unified Partners will train and participate in a variety of different sports and events, including: Bocce, Cycling, Fishing, Golf, Sailing and Softball.
To volunteer for Special Olympics Massachusetts during the Summer Season visit our ONLINE REGISTRATION or for more detailed information see the volunteer accordion below.
For information on Tournament of Champions visit the CALENDAR PAGE
Results coming soon.
Interested in volunteering during the Summer Season at Special Olympics? Special Olympics Massachusetts has the following volunteer opportunities through out the season
- Volunteer with our programs on a weekly basis helping out at practice
- Volunteer at one of our competitions
Summer Season event volunteer registration links coming soon.
- Qualifying Tournaments– Online registration will be posted in that event’s calender page and at our online registration system
- Tournament of Champions– Online registration will be posted in that event’s calender page and at our online registration system
To sign up to volunteer visit our online registration
If you are interested in volunteering at an event here is a list of potential jobs you may do at the venue during the Summer Season
Rules and Additional Qualifications
- Special Olympics Golf Rules
- Special Olympics Massachusetts Rules Quick Guide
- All golf teams and individuals must have a current up-to-date handicap assigned to them through the Mass Golf Association
- Returning teams/individuals only need to submit 4 cards to keep their handicap current. New teams/individuals must submit 6 cards to obtain a handicap
- All scorecards must be submitted by August 11, 2017. (date is determined by the Mass Golf Assoc.)
- Cards can be mailed to:
Special Olympics MA
512 Forest Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
- Western MA Regional Invitational- Tekao Country Club, Westfield
- Central MA Regional Invitational – Pleasant Meadows, Westborough
Forms and Rules
- Sailing Registration Form – coming soon
- Special Olympics Sailing Rules
Learn to Sail
Special Olympics Massachusetts Regatta
Community Boating, Charles River Boston – July TBD
Special Olympics Rhode Island Regatta
US Navy Base Newport Rhode Island – September TBD
Special Olympics Massachusetts will be allowed to bring six boats to attend the SORI Newport Regatta
Softball Rules and Modifications
- SPECIAL OLYMPICS MA COMPREHENSIVE RULE BOOK
- Only wooden bats will be allowed during competitions. Programs can order bats through Dream Bat Company, the official bat provider of Special Olympics Massachusetts.
State Qualifying Tournaments
- Eastern MA Unified & Traditional Softball Qualifying Tournament-
- Western MA Unified Qualifying Tournament- Nonotuck Park, Easthampton
Special thank to USSSA for their support and umpires!
Tournament of champions
- Greater Marlborough, August
- For complete tournament information please visit the Tournament of Champions page by clicking the link above. The calendar page will have also have a link to the event guide which contains information such as housing locations, directions, meals (locations times, menu), special events (dance, Olympic town, healthy athletes), local attractions for families.