Join Team Massachusetts In the SONA Move Challenge!
Move with Team Massachusetts!
To begin their training towards Orlando 2022, Team Massachusetts will compete in the Special Olympics North America Move Challenge! Join them on their training journey!
WHAT:Special Olympics North America presents the SONA Move Challenge, an 8-week movement challenge to see how many minutes of exercise participants can complete each week.
WHO: You can participate in the SONA Move Challenge as:
- an Individual (Special Olympics athletes only)
- a Traditional doubles (two Special Olympics athletes)
- a Unified doubles (a Special Olympics athlete and Unified partner)
- a Traditional team (all Special Olympics athletes)
- a Unified team (Special Olympics athletes and Unified partners)
- a College team (Special Olympics athletes and Unified partners)
WHEN:Participant registration opens August 1 and closes September 5. The SONA Move Challenge runs September 13 – November 7, 2021.
HOW:Keep track of how many minutes you exercise each week (Monday-Sunday).
Report your minutes of exercise every Monday through the survey to earn a spot on the leaderboards. There will be 4 different leaderboards: Individual leaderboard, Doubles leaderboard, Team leaderboard and College leaderboard.
Will you run, walk, dance, weight train or swim? Your favorite type of exercise counts towards your total!
*** Need motivation to move? Want to move with friends? Then join on of our Xtra Mile Walking Clubs!
We have 11 clubs doing a fall session that would be the perfect opportunity to help you stay active during the Move Challenge!
Find a club near you by Clicking Here