2022 USA Games Recap
Team Massachusetts walked away from the 2022 USA Games in Orlando, Fl. with a total of 29 medals. Here’s how they break down, by sport.
- Joel Goodrow: Came in 4th for singles bocce on 6/7.
- Carolyn Wojcik: Took home the gold in singles bocce on 6/7.
- Joel and Carolyn took home the silver medal for doubles bocce on 6/9.
- Kevin Auger: Took home the gold in singles bowling on 6/7.
- Chris Charest: Took home the silver in singles bowling on 6/7.
- Katie Meunier: Took home the silver in singles bowling on 6/7.
- Jenna Thomas: Took home the gold in singles bowling on 6/7.
- Jenna Thomas & Katie Meunier: Took home the gold in doubles bowling on 6/8.
- Kevin Auger & Chris Charest: Took home the silver in doubles bowling on 6/8.
- All four bowlers took home a gold medal for the teams competition on 6/9.
- Tyler Lagasse: Took home the gold on 6/9.
- Took home the bronze medal on 6/10.
- Stephen Balerna: Came in 6th for the 50M breaststroke on6/8 and came in 6th place for the 50M freestyle on 6/9.
- Anne Deforge: Earned a gold medal for the 50M freestyle on 6/9 and came in 6th place for her 100M freestyle on 6/10.
- Gabrielle Ducharme: Received the bronze medal for her 25Mbackstroke on 6/8 and secured another bronze in the 50M backstroke on 6/10.
- John Dunleavy: Came in 4th for the 50M breaststroke on 6/8 and came in 7th place for the 50M freestyle on 6/9.
- Shinya Honji: Received a bronze medal for the 50M breaststroke, took 4th place in the 25M backstroke on 6/8, and came in 5th place for the 50M freestyle on 6/9.
- The Swim Relay Team (Gabrielle, Anne, John, and Stephen): Took 4th place for the 4x50M relay on 6/8.
Track & Field
- Dee Cotter: Ran the 400M race in 1:48.31, earning her the gold on 6/7 and took home the silver medal for the mini javelin.
- Lumene Montissol: Took home a gold medal for the long jump on 6/9 and secured a gold medal for the 200M race on 6/10.
- Chris O’Neil: Secured a bronze medal for his 100M race on 6/9 and took home bronze for the mini javelin on 6/10,
- Kristin Parrish: Took home a silver medal for the 100M race on 6/9, took home a silver medal on 6/10 for the javelin, and secured 4th place for the long jump.
- Jeremey Smith: Ran the 400M in 1:41.72, earning him the gold on 6/7, and secured the bronze for the mini javelin on 6/10.
- The relay team (Dee, Lumene, Chris, and Kristin) secured a silver medal on 6/10 for the 4×100 relay.
- Took home the gold medal on 6/10.
Unified Flag Football
- Took home the bronze medal on 6/10.
- Took home the bronze medal on 6/9.
Throughout the week we had multiple appearances on ABC, ESPN, CBS, and other media outlets.
- Robin Roberts had so many surprises in store for Team Massachusetts track & field competitor Lumene (aka Lightning) ⚡ Check out this video… and get your tissues ready.
- Lumene was featured on GMA later in the week, after competing in the long-jump. Check it out here.
- LIFE program soccer player Aaron Allen and track & field player Jeremy Smith out of the SAEC program talk about their USA Games experience (click this link and head to about the 2:50 mark to see them).
- Liam Martin has been covering the Team Massachusetts Unified Basketball Team from the beginning of their USA Games journey. Check out the full story here.
- Tyrone Hicks Jr. of the Unified Flag Football team was featured on ESPN2. Skip ahead to about 2:35 to view his story.
- Jenna Thomas was the only Berkshires athlete on Team Massachusetts. Click here to read more about Jenna in the Berkshire Eagle.
Other must-read stories
Volunteer with a heart of gold helps ‘Lightning’ strike through the finish line
Cheers to New Ears: Starkey Cares sends Anne home with more than a medal
This post was last updated on June 21, 2022.
Congrats to all well done and I am so Pound