New Year, New Wellness Goals!
With the new year comes new goals! New Year’s resolutions can seem so daunting. How are you going to do something consistently for a whole year??
Here are some tips for sticking with your 2020 wellness and fitness goals:
- Try breaking your resolutions into more specific actions. Instead of “exercise more,” your resolution could be “take a walk every Wednesday.” Instead of a broad goal to “drink more water” you could get an app that reminds you to drink water throughout the day.
- Make monthly resolutions. In January you could focus on drinking more water. In February, work on eating fruits and veggies with every meal, and so on.
- Put it on your calendar. If you have “exercise” or “drink water” on your calendar you will remember to do it and can treat it like an appointment.
- Ask a friend to join you. Exercising and eating healthy are more fun when you have someone to do it with
- Challenge yourself to keep your resolution for just 2 months. Studies have shown that if you do something for 2 months it becomes a routine. The more familiar the new behavior feels, the less you will have to remind yourself each day.
Here’s a healthy recipe to keep you warm this winter or help kick start your 2020 wellness goals.